Search Site

Contacts and services

If your business has been affected by bushfire, many support services are available to help you recover.

We’re here to help you get back on your feet and rebuild. To discuss your business recovery needs, call us on 8429 3801.

Relief and Recovery Centres

Relief and Recovery Centres have been established for people and businesses that have been affected by the recent bushfires. These centres can help you with information, advice and support with ongoing recovery and rebuilding.

We’ll be at the Lobethal and Kangaroo Island Recovery Centres to answer your questions and talk to you about the recovery package and range of services available to help your small business.

Lobethal Recovery Centre
Fabrik Arts and Heritage in the Old Woollen Mill
1 Lobethal Road, Lobethal
Phone: 0418 213 269

Kangaroo Island Recovery Centre
Community Health Centre
12 Jubilee Avenue, Parndana
Phone: 0438 861 215

For information on locations and operating hours of Relief and Recovery Centres in South Australia, visit the Department of Human Services website.

Small Business Financial Counselling program 

Rural Business Support’s (supported by the South Australian Government) Small Business Financial Counselling program is free, independent and confidential for eligible small business owners that have been impacted directly, or indirectly, by the bushfires.

To make an appointment, phone 1800 836 211.

PIRSA Bushfire Hotline

Agricultural and primary production businesses can seek information and urgent assistance on:
  • agricultural impacts
  • animal issues that cannot be dealt with through normal veterinary services
  • assessment of injured and burnt livestock.
For more information, phone the Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA) Bushfire Hotline on 1800 255 556 or visit the PIRSA website.

Insurance Council of Australia Disaster Hotline

You should make contact with your insurance provider or broker as soon as possible to start the claims process.

If you are unsure who your insurer is or have general inquiries about insurance claims, phone the Insurance Council of Australia Disaster Hotline on 1800 734 621 or visit the Insurance Council of Australia website.

Legal advice and support

For free information and advice, including information regarding the replacement of important documents, call the Legal Services Commission on 1300 366 424 or visit the Legal Services Commission website.

Free legal assistance is available from lawyers who have volunteered to help victims of disasters. For more information contact the Law Society on 8229 0200 or email

Service SA fee waiving

People who have lost licences or had registered vehicles destroyed as a result of the recent bushfires in South Australia are eligible for special assistance from Service SA.

For more information and to apply for assistance, visit Service SA.

Replacing destroyed certificates

Fees associated with purchasing replacement copies of births, deaths and marriages certificates are being waived for those who have had these lost or destroyed in the bushfires.
For more information, call Consumer and Business Services on 131 882.

Waste management advice and fee waiving

As your business cleans up after the recent bushfires, the Environment Protection Agency can provide you with advice on disposing contaminated rainwater, burnt items and other waste management issues.
For more information about waste management and the waived Solid Waste Levy for waste generated as a result of the bushfires, visit the Environment Protection Agency website.
Information about managing bushfire waste is also available through the Green Industries SA website.

Rebuilding your business

As you rebuild your business, it’s important to be aware of the risks you may face in the short term or longer term, and plan how best to protect your business against them.

For more information, see Protect your business.