In May 2022, the Department for Industry, Innovation and Science hosted two free virtual events for small business owners as part of the Limestone Coast Regional Innovation Festival.
Local professionals were invited to speak on the topics of cyber security and AI and machine learning, including examples of how these technologies are already being applied in South Australian businesses.
While these sessions were delivered to a regional audience, the information presented is relevant to the entire small business community. We encourage you to watch the event recordings below.
Cyber Resilience for Small Businesses
- Paula Oliver (facilitator) is the interim CEO of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre and Manager of South Australia's AustCyber Node.
- Rosalie Martin is the Acting Director of the Cyber and Infrastructure Security Outreach program, in the Department of Home Affairs. Her role is to ensure that the outreach program delivers initiatives through strong and effective industry-government partnerships, providing information on a range of cyber security issues and partnering with critical infrastructure entities to support the uplift of the security and resilience of Australia’s critical infrastructure.
- Nick Sincock is the Assistant Director Cyber and Infrastructure Security Outreach for SA and NT, in the Department of Home Affairs. Nick’s role is to build and maintain strong and effective industry-government partnerships, with a particular focus on engaging with small and medium business, particularly those within the supply chain of critical infrastructure sectors.
- Gary Paradise has over 25 years of experience in IT and service delivery and is a Director at Concept Data. Concept Data is a South Australian IT service provider that helps businesses get the best value and performance out of their IT systems whilst staying safe in the online world.
AI and Machine Learning for Your Business
- David Rush (facilitator) is the Deputy Director, Hi-Tech Industries at the Department for Industry, Innovation and Science.
- Dr Zygmunt Szpak is the Executive Director at Insight Via Artificial Intelligence (IVAI), an innovative AI company founded in Adelaide in early 2020. IVAI provides client-focussed artificial intelligence solutions by combining deep domain knowledge and sound business and project management practices.
- Jessica Cortazzo is the Manager, Project and External Relations at the Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML), a global leader in AI, machine learning, and computer vision research. The Institute translates cutting-edge research into impact through collaboration with partners including world-leading companies and local SMEs.