Unlock a whole new customer base in the online world.
You’ve built a strong presence and loyal customer base in the real world. Now you can find new customers and expand your business by taking your products and services online.
It’s one of the most effective ways to grow your business and develop your competitive edge.
Creating a presence online through a website showcases your business, products and services to a global audience.
Add an eCommerce platform, and you can convert your new following into customers, generating sales and growth.
You can sell your products online through:
- Your business website
- A mobile app
- Online marketplaces such as Ebay or Etsy.
Do your research before you set up your business for eCommerce to ensure you choose an option that suits your business, products and services.
It is important to be aware of cyber risks and ensure you are protecting your business when going online.
Benefits of an eCommerce platform
- Keep your business open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Sell your products or services to customers anywhere in the world, anytime
- Market your products and services easily and at low cost
- Get valuable information about your customers’ preferences which can personalise their experience, boosting sales and loyalty
- Get information to measure the success of your marketing
- Start a new venture with minimal start up and operating costs.
Setting up a marketing plan will organise your marketing approach for your eCommerce business.
Some marketing strategies to consider:
- social media e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc
- newsletters and blogs
- digital media channels, like video hosting sites e.g. YouTube
- search engines
- email campaigns
- electronic message e.g. SMS, MMS and instant message.