Grow your business by claiming a slice of state and federal government work.
Have you considered tapping into the steady flow of state and federal government projects to build your business?
South Australian small businesses can take advantage of opportunities for growth by bidding for work with government.
The digital economy is equipping small businesses to become more competitive and agile and better able to compete for government work.
If your business is capable and competitive in the private sector, you are well-placed to win government work.
You could even partner with other small businesses that complement your offering to collaborate on a bid.
The South Australian government recognises the massive contribution of small businesses to our economy and our community and is increasing opportunities for you to claim your share of state government work.
Read below for more information on where to find government work and support to win work.
For South Australian Government tenders and contacts, go to the South Australian Tenders and Contracts.
You can find all publicly available bidding opportunities within the South Australian Government, and see details of all South Australian Government-awarded contracts for goods, services and works.
You can make electronic submissions using the Electronic Lodgement Service.
Tips for bidding for state government work:
- Make sure you understand all parts of the tender documentation. Each tender is evaluated against key factors and may also include evaluation criteria you can use as a guide to develop your application
- Bids are judged against key factors in order of importance. Bidding documents may also include evaluation criteria you can use to develop your application
- You can contact the nominated contact officer to clarify the information and there may be a pre-application briefing to provide information to suppliers
- If your bid is unsuccessful, make sure to seek feedback to help you learn how to more effectively compete for the next opportunity. A briefing may also be held to provide feedback.
The Industry Capability Network South Australia (ICNSA) promotes local businesses to government agencies and private industry.
Registering with ICNSA helps boost your business’ profile and attract the attention of government procurement officers. ICNSA runs workshops advising businesses how to boost their profile and their opportunities to win work.
For Australian Government work go to AusTENDER.
You can find business opportunities advertised by Australian Government agencies and all successful contracts and standing offers over $10,000 in value.
You can also register to be notified of the latest opportunities, and view standing offer arrangements and contracts awarded by agencies to other suppliers.
The Australian Department of Finance website features valuable information about the procurement process and how to plan, prepare and submit your tender.
See the Australian Government's full guide to selling and government procurement.
Information included in the guide covers;
- identifying opportunities
- getting selected and how to respond to approaches
- what happens if you win a contract
- what you can do if you don't win
- getting paid