The Premier’s Live Music Advisory Council has been established comprising artists, venue owners, promoters and key industry representatives, and it aims to enable greater engagement between the South Australian Government and the state’s live music sector.
The purpose of the Council is to provide timely and accurate advice and recommendations to the government on challenges and opportunities relating to the live music industry.
The Council has 12 members (including the Chair), comprising six women, and six men:
- Christine Schloithe – Premier’s Advisory Council Chair and MusicSA CEO
- Alice Fraser – Production Coordinator for Tame Impala
- Craig Lock – Co-Owner and Managing Director of Five Four Entertainment (Lion Arts Factory, Spin Off Festival, Hindley Street Music Hall)
- Gareth Lewis – Co-Founder and Director of the Adelaide Beer and BBQ Festival, and Co-Owner and head booker for UniBar ADL
- Jack David Jericho – Entertainment Manager at Hurley Hotel Group (Marion Hotel, Arkaba Hotel, Torrens Arms Hotel, Tonsley Hotel)
- Katie Gleeson – Manager, Founder and Director of Look Both Ways Communications
- Mardi Caught – Head and Founder of marketing agency, The Annex
- Rob Pippan – Lead Guitarist (Zep Boys) and past Musical Director of the Clipsal 500 and Australian Formula One Grand Prix
- Tamara Boakes – Sole Owner and Operator of Jive
- Tilly Tjala Thomas– Singer and Songwriter (2022 Stigwood Artist Fellowship Award and 2021 SA Music Awards Best Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Award)
- Victor Marshall – Promoter, Producer, Event Organiser and Author
- Vincenzo Contarino – Artist and Manager (Zep Boys, Serpentine, The Dukes, Mickey Finn, Mega Boys and Party Boys)
The work of the Premier’s Live Music Advisory Council will complement the work of the Music Development Office (MDO) – the first state government office of its kind in Australia – dedicated to supporting growth for the contemporary music industry since its establishment in 2014.