Regional South Australia encompasses a diverse range of environments, with our regions being home to a vast number of South Australia’s most iconic landscapes and tourist attractions.
There are a range of programs available to support businesses and workers in South Australia’s regions.
Accelerating Regional Employment Program
The Accelerating Regional Employment Program welcomes eligible organisations to submit proposals to support accelerating the growth of regional small and medium South Australian businesses, by ensuring they can access the skilled workforce they need.
The program aims to deliver knowledge to the businesses to ensure they are aware of and able to access labour and skills that are available to them. It also looks to provide support to businesses to identify and overcome obstacles to successful employment of new workers, while also supporting skilled migrants to fill critical skills shortages in regional South Australia.
Applications are now open and will close 18 August 2021.
To learn more and apply now, visit: Accelerating Regional Employment Program
PIRSA Regional Workforce and Coordination and Collaboration Program
The $1.2 million Regional Workforce and Coordination and Collaboration Program supports each of South Australia’s eight Regional Development Australia (RDA) regions to continue work to address regional workforce issues resulting from COVID-19. This program is administered by the Department of Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA).
To learn more, contact PIRSA or your local RDA.
Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program
With the Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program, eligible people can receive financial support to work in remote parts of South Australia to support a variety of important industries that make a significant contribution to the state’s economy.
What is the Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program?
Our regions are fundamental to South Australia’s economy, but the closure of state and international borders as a result of COVID-19 has led to a number of industries who rely on seasonal workers facing serious workforce shortages.
The Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program is designed to support eligible workers with costs involved with eligible work in eligible regional locations, so we can support the industries and regions that keep our state on the global map.
If you're an individual aged 16 years, you might be eligible for a payment incentive to help cover the costs of working in a remote setting.
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDELINES
What is the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for the Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program, you must:
- Be an individual aged 16 years and over;
- Have commenced Eligible Work in an Eligible Location no earlier than 15 June 2021;
- Hold a valid visa, with work rights and a visa validity date for the duration of the work period (if international workers);
- Travel more than 50 kilometres from their current place of residence to undertake eligible work; and
- For work within a Category B business, show evidence of responsibility for accommodation expenses if in a Category B zone.
Applications for individuals under 18 years of age must be completed by a parent or guardian.
What is the eligible work?
Eligible work within the Regional Jobs and Incentive Program includes work;
View map showing eligible postcode locations.
- In an eligible location;
- For a minimum of 20 hours per week (can be across multiple employers);
- For at least 6 weeks duration (an individual may work for more than one employer during this time, but must work at least 6 weeks in a 10 week block) with work commencing no earlier than 15 June 2021 and up to 31 December 2021;
- Not eligible work under the Australian Government’s Managing Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job for Short-term Agricultural Work.
Eligible visa holders will need to ensure they are not in breach of any visa conditions associated with their visa.
What are the payments?
There are payments ranging from $500 up to $2,000 depending on the region you seek employment within. For more information, view the full guidelines
How do I apply?
Applications close at 5:00pm, 31 December 2021 or when the Program has been fully subscribed.
To apply, click on the link below and complete the online application form.