Additional financial support to continue skills training
During this challenging time, the South Australian Government is offering businesses across the state impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic extra support to continue skills training.
While apprenticeships are an effective way to introduce new knowledge, passion and ambition into your workforce, helping to respond to the evolving needs of your business and industry, through Skilling South Australia, we have repositioned our initiatives to offer greater flexibility to better support you during this time and help you rebuild and recover afterwards.
Businesses across South Australia can access extra support to continue skills training, with the following options now also available:
- SSA Workforce Projects – Funding to co-design projects to help you retain, transition and mobilise workers across industries in need (such as aged care, disability support, health care, early childhood education and defence); and upskill and reskill displaced workers to find new jobs in areas of demand. Available until 30 June 2020 and subject to demand and budget availability.
- Group Training Boost – a reduced charge out rate of up to $200 per week per apprentice or trainee for six months, to reduce costs associated with the impact of COVID-19, for eligible commencements from 2 March 2020 – up to $5200 off the GTO charge out rate in total.
- Equipped for Growth – up to $5000 small business boost when you hire an apprentice. For a limited time for training contracts, with a minimum Certificate III level qualification, in place by 31 August 2020 (subject to funding availability).
- Equipped for Work – up to $1500 reimbursed for equipment and services, including online training and working from home expenses when you hire an apprentice. A funding increase from $1000 to $1500 is available until 31 August 2020.
- Equipped for Training – a Travel and Accommodation Allowance contributing to the cost of your apprentice’s off-the job training.
For more information visit www.skills.sa.gov.au/support.
To talk to one of our SA Skills Link advisors at a time that suits you, register your details.