Additional financial support to continue skills training
During this challenging time, the South Australian Government is offering businesses across the state that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, extra support to continue skills training.
Apprenticeships are an effective way to introduce new knowledge, passion and ambition into your workforce. Helping to respond to the evolving needs of your business and industry, through Skilling South Australia, we have repositioned our initiatives to offer greater flexibility to better support you during this time, and help you rebuild and recover.
Businesses across South Australia can access extra support to continue skills training, with the following options now also available:
Equipped for Growth - JobTrainer
– Provides $2,500 for employing a young person in a part-time or full-time capacity in specific sectors.
– Provides for up to $5,200 over six months to reduce the charge out rate for businesses hosting an Group Training employed apprentice or trainee.
Employer Bonus Payment
– Employers who take on a school-based flexible apprentice can potentially access up to $3,000 as a bonus payment.
– Employers can co-design projects with the Department for Innovation and Skills that focus on engaging and skilling young people (aged 17-24) through JobTrainer and providing employment and apprenticeship opportunities.
Travel and accommodation allowance
– If your business is in rural or regional South Australia, you can access allowances for travel and accommodation associated with hiring an apprentice or trainee.
For more information visit Support for Business.
To talk to one of our SA Skills Link advisors at a time that suits you, register your details.