The Women in Business Advisory Program offers the opportunity for women business owners to expand their leadership and entrepreneurial skills through scholarships.
The Department for Industry, Innovation and Skills (DIIS) have partnered with behind closed doors to provide a series of scholarships that will help provide women business owners and entrepreneurs to build a support network where they can discuss strategies, issues, and challenges in a completely confidential environment, while at the same time encouraging each other to extend themselves further to succeed in their business ventures.
Applications will close Monday 28 November with successful applicants being notified by Friday 16 December.
Winners will join a behind closed doors Entrepreneurs group in Adelaide
The Program will comprise of the following three sub-program groups:
- Premium Entrepreneur – includes 10 peer coaching and mentoring sessions per year, 3-hour session duration, held face-to-face. Groups capped at 10 members, no competing industry sectors in your group.
- Flex Entrepreneur – includes 6 one-to-one business advisory/coaching sessions per year, 60-minute session duration, and quarterly peer coaching and mentoring sessions of 3-hour duration held face-to-face or online. Groups capped at 10 members, no competing industry sectors in your group.
- Entrepreneurs Connect – includes 8 peer coaching and mentoring sessions, 2-hour session duration, held online via teleconferencing. Groups capped at 8 members, no competing industry sectors in your group.
The winners will also receive:
- Access to a select Executive and business owners’ women’s network
- Professional and personal development in a stimulating environment
- Exposure and introductions to senior people in business and government
- Fireside sessions with local identities and successful entrepreneurs
- Opportunities to discuss strategies, issues, and challenges in a supportive women’s forum
- Invitations to Businesswomen’s Connexions (networking) functions
- Opportunities for Board Directorships
How to apply
To be eligible, you must be:
- Business owners that are women, and those who identify as a woman (at least 50% ownership in the case of joint ownership);
- Own businesses that are headquartered in South Australia, and
- Have an annual turnover of at least $250,000
Interested participants should demonstrate strong entrepreneurship and leadership abilities and wanting to grow their business.
To apply, you will need to complete the online form via the link below and email a short video and/or written statement of purpose highlighting what winning the scholarship would mean to you and your business.
Applications close 5pm ACDT, Monday, 28th November 2022.
Shortlisted applicants should make themselves available for interviews on 7 and 8 December 2022.