Top tips: Implement sustainability practices with the help of Climate Clever
What is Climate Clever?
Going green and understanding the impact you’re having on carbon emissions can be a daunting task. Being carbon neutral and being able to verify your emissions is going to be an increasingly important business practice throughout the supply chain but with Climate Clever, its easier than ever to measure the impact you’re having.
Climate Clever is an Australian online tool enabling schools, households, businesses, councils and communities to reduce their energy consumption and carbon footprint, save power costs and increase their knowledge about sustainability and being more resource efficient.
With the Climate Clever app, you can track your energy consumption, water usage and waste generation. It's like having a sustainability superhero by your side, crunching the numbers and giving you valuable insights every day. You can set goals, track your progress and even get your team involved through collaborating on fun challenges.
But it's not just about data and numbers. Climate Clever can help you implement practical measures to make your business greener too.
Sustainability and your business:
Sustainability is all about finding ways to operate your business in a more environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner. It's about reducing your carbon footprint, conserving resources and making a positive impact on the world around you. Climate Clever suggests practical tips and ways you can achieve this.
Goal setting: Climate Clever can work with you to come up with targets that make sense for your business. Maybe you want to cut down on energy usage, reduce waste or water consumption? Having specific and measurable goals will give you a roadmap for your sustainability journey.
- Identify the first steps: One way to make a big impact is by putting energy efficiency measures in place. Climate Clever can help you find ways to save energy by analysing your usage data. Low-hanging fruit changes include energy-efficient lighting, optimising heating and cooling systems and encouraging employees to be mindful of their energy usage at work.
- Get the team involved: Sustainability is a team effort, so make sure to engage all your employees in the process. Climate Clever has tools and resources to help do this including online challenges and eco-tips that can help turn this into a group activity.
- Use your water wisely: This platform lets you keep an eye on your water consumption patterns. You can identify areas where you can conserve water, such as installing low-flow fixtures, fixing leaks promptly, and considering water recycling systems.
- Tackle waste management: Climate Clever can help you understand your waste generation and disposal habits with programs to encourage employees to reduce paper usage, as well as finding ways to repurpose or donate materials instead of sending them to landfill.
- Track your progress: Using Climate Clever gives you access to reporting and analytics tools that allow you to keep an eye on reaching your goals. Monitor key performance indicators, track cost savings and celebrate milestones along the way.
Find out how Climate Clever can help your business here.